“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
5 Key Elements of Personalize Learning (School Improvement Network)
- Knowing your learners - Teachers intentionally take steps to learn about their learners and act on what they know.
- Voice and choice - In voice, the perspectives, opinions, and preferences of students are invited, respected, and considered. In choice, learners are given options regarding the ways in which they engage, revise, and expand in their learning.
- Flexible groups and space - Being flexible with student grouping and classroom space.
- Data Informed - Using student learning information to make specific decisions about student growth related to an instructional standard.
- Technology Support - Technology integration is the incorporation of technology tools and technology-based practices into daily classroom routines. Technology tools include digital devices such as tablets, computers, laptop/desktop computers and internet access/networking. Technology-based practices include collaborative work, communication, software/app based activities and Internet-based activities.
3 ways to differentiate --- content, process, & product --- according to students’ readiness (growth), interest (motivation), and student profile (efficiency).