|REQUEST FOR SPECIAL SERVICES: GEOTECHNICAL
The Manhattan Beach Unified School District is seeking a geotechnical firm to provide specialized services for the Mira Costa High School New Athletic Complex project (Measure EE). Information on this project, including current design status, can be found here
Please open and review the request document outlining services requested, supporting douments and submittal format/deadlines found here:
Responses are due Friday, May 26, 2017 by 4 p.m. to the attention of Dawnalyn Murakawa-Leopard, Deputy Superintendent, MBUSD Business Services, 325 S. Peck Avenue, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
QUESTIONS & CLARIFICATIONS: Please reference these documents and notes that are provided in response to questions received to date:
May 26, 2017, 9:00 AM - If your proposal has already been submitted, please email an addendum to email@example.com by 5:30 PM, 5/26/17.
- The access around the existing building is very tight on all sides, except the south side and the fire access road construction is currently in progress that prevents the drilling equipment access to the north and west sides of the building perimeter. Paul mentioned that if we could do the explorations after 06/18 (3 weeks from now), it will be great since the children will be out and the fire access road construction may be completed. Therefore, I am wondering about the schedule for the geotechnical explorations. If we need to do the explorations before 06/18, could we do the explorations during normal business hours, between 7:00 AM and 3:00 PM? Explorations may be possible during normal business hours, between 7:00 AM and 3:00 PM, but access may be limited due to other site activities (e.g., students may need access to the gym; other construction activities may be taking place on the north side of the building; noise and other disruptions may need to be significantly limited due to classes/activities in process; etc.). Please include in the proposal options assuming (1) full access, (2) limited access as described above, and (3) no access until 3:00 pm on weekdays.
- RFP requires 3 percolation tests; the percolation tests are performed at the proposed/potential infiltration basin locations and at bottom of the basin depths. Please let us know the proposed/potential infiltration basin locations and the basin depths. (3 proposed percolation test locations are shown on attached site plan. Shallow Infiltration systems (basin or trench) will be between 10 - 15 ft below finished grade. Deep infiltration systems (Drywell) are typically 25 ft or more. We would like to have perc tests done for both shallow and deep infiltration systems. We are looking for the Geotech to provide recommendations on preferred infiltration depth based on geology. - KPFF)
- We assume that the Infiltration testing protocols need to be based on attached County of Los Angeles guidelines dated 12/31/14. Please confirm. (Confirmed. -KPFF)
- Based on the attached County of Los Angeles guidelines, we need to know the design volume of Storm water infiltration to select the infiltration test method as shown in the Table below:
Please let us know the design volume. (Design volume will be greater than 10,000 gallons. -KPFF)
- Is there recent topographic map of the school that you could forward for our use? The grade elevations varies significantly at the school and the topographic map will be very helpful to understand the existing grades at the proposed boring locations. (See attached site plan for existing grade elevations. A portion of the large stockpile of dirt north of the Gym was recently removed. New as-built elevations are shown handwritten on the plan. The basement level of the proposed building will likely be at elev 156.00, the stockpile elevation is at roughly 164.00 -KPFF)
- Item 1: progress Schematic Design floor plans and aerial
- Item 2: Soils report of previous project on Mira Costa Campus
- Item 3: The area north of the track football field area shows two areas hatched – one of the two area will be in consideration for accessible path (stairs and ramp) from the lower parking lot up to the stadium level. The hatch area between the track football field and the proposed athletic facilities may require retaining wall as there may be a terrace north of our building. The area is currently sloped landscaping and intent it to maintain the slope landscaping with possibly minimal retaining as required.
- Item 4: size of building is approx. 70,000 sq ft. as shown on the SD FP.
- Item 5: In proposal, provide 14 borings as base bid. Any additional that you feel is required, please line item separately.
- Item 6: The columns loads in the building range from TL=DL+LL of about 55 kips to 210 kips. Please reference the attached structural concept plans for addition information on the column loading.
- Item 7: Item 4 of the “Minimum requirements for the Geotechnical Report” document that was forwarded leaves it to the soil engineer to determine whether site specific spectra is required per code or not. Based on the below communication from the soil engineer it appears that the soil engineer has determined that this is not required for this site and as such we do not take any exception to this recommendation by the soil engineer.
- Item 8: There is a partial subterranean construction with soil lateral pressure on 3 sides of the basement. The basement daylights on the north side. Therefor information requested in item 9 of the “Minimum requirements for the Geotechnical Report” document we forwarded is still required.
|RFP: PRECONSTRUCTION & LEASE-LEASEBACK CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
MBUSD RFP for Preconstruction & Lease-Leaseback Services for the Mira Costa High School New Athletic Complex Project
The Manhattan Beach Unified School District ("MBUSD" or "District") is seeking proposals from qualified firms to provide both preconstruction services and lease-leaseback construction services for the District's Mira Costa High School New Athletic Complex Project.
Mandatory Project Walk-Through UPDATE: Please meet in the Mira Costa administration building reception area at 10 AM on Friday, April 28, 2017. The address is 1401 Artesia Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. Mr. Paul Ruta, Director of Maintenance & Operations, and representatives from Gensler (project architects) will lead a tour of the existing gym facility and answer questions regarding the design concepts to date.
The RFP documents can be downloaded here:
Please note the following important RFP deadlines:
- Friday, April 28, 2017 - Mandatory Project Walk-Through: 10 AM at Mira Costa Admin. Bldg.
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017 - Deadline for Prequalification Submittals
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017 - Deadline for Submittal of Questions
- 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - Due Date for Submittal of Proposals
- Monday, May 22, 2017* - Short List Interviews
- Monday, May 22, 2017* - Due Date for Fee Proposals
- Wednesday, June 7, 2017* - Anticipated Board Approval Date
- Thursday, June 8, 2017* - Notification of Selected Firm
* Estimated deadlines subject to revision at the District's discretion.
Questions & Clarifications: Check here regularly for the most recent summary for this RFP:
All inquiries regarding this RFP are to be made in writing and directed to Dawnalyn Murakawa-Leopard, Deputy Superintendent of Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with MBUSD on this important project.
|NOTICE OF AWARD FOR AUDITING SERVICES
MBUSD AUDIT RFP 2017
Thank you to all the firms that responded to the District's request for proposals to provide auditing services. Upon completion of the evaluation process the District selected Moss, Levy & Hartzheim. The Manhattan Beach Board of Trustees approved this selection at the March 1, 2017 public meeting. For a full list of responders and additional information please click here.
|PREQUALIFYING: PRIME CONTRACTORS & FIRST TIER MEPs
The District is prequalifying prime contractors and first tier electrical, mechanical, and plumbing subcontractors to perform work on District projects.
As a condition of being awarded a contract, prospective developers and MEP subcontractors must complete a prequalification questionnaire and provide financial information to the District (the Prequalification Package). Prequalification Packages are accepted on a rolling basis.
Once the prequalification process is complete, the District will notify developers and MEP subcontractors whether they meet the prequalification requirements. Prequalification will be valid for one calendar year following the date of initial prequalification. Developers and MEP subcontractors who are prequalified must update prequalification forms as their status or information changes.
The District will only enter into lease-leaseback agreements with Developers who have been prequalified by the District, and a developer/prime contractor may not use an MEP subcontractor that has not been prequalified by the District.
Developers and MEP subcontractors who wish to qualify must submit complete Prequalification Packages in a sealed envelope to:
Manhattan Beach Unified School District
Attn: Dawnalyn Murakawa-Leopard, EdD
325 South Peck Avenue
Manhattan Beach, California 90266
Developers and MEP subcontractors who wish to qualify should register here
in order to be provided with updated information/addenda regarding the Prequalification Process.
All necessary prequalification documents are posted below for your convenience; developer documents are here and MEP subcontractor documents are here. Remember that in addition to complying with the information provided in the documents and completing the Prequalification Package, you must register
to receive updated information. All updated information and addenda will also be posted on this webpage; it is recommended that interested parties check this page regularly for any updates.