Manhattan Beach Unified’s Public Information Office Wins Six National Awards for Communications
Manhattan Beach Unified (MBUSD) celebrates the achievement of the 2023 National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) Publications and Digital Media Excellence Awards in the categories of E-Newsletter (external audience), Branding/Imaging, and Video. Additionally, the District received Awards of Merit for social media, excellence in writing, and an honorable mention for in-house video production.
Manhattan Beach Unified Public Information Office received the following awards and recognitions:
Six NSPRA 2023 Publications and Digital Media Awards, which recognize outstanding education publications, e-newsletters, digital media programs, radio/TV/video programs, social media, infographics, blogs, and websites as follows:
- Award of Excellence for the weekly Superintendent’s Newsletter.
- Award of Excellence for MBUSD’s marketing Branding/Image Pkg for its 2022-23 enrollment campaign.
- Award of Excellence for the “We Are MBUSD” video (produced in-house) series.
- Award of Merit for social media growth and impact.
- Award of Merit for Excellence in Writing. Public Information Officer Hibah Samad’s piece featuring Meadows Elementary Garden.
- Honorable Mention for a video (produced in-house) about the new leadership team at Manhattan Beach Middle School (MBMS).
The Award of Excellence is the highest award by the National School Public Relations Association. MBUSD hired its first Public Information Officer in January 2022. The prestigious recognition honoring the success of the new role showcases the commitment and innovation to provide strong two-way communication and sharing impactful content and information with the MBUSD community and beyond.
Since 1935, the National School Public Relations Association has provided school communication training and services to school leaders throughout the United States, Canada, and the U.S. Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) schools worldwide.