DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MANHATTAN BEACH BOARD OF TRUSTEES APPOINTEE
The functions and responsibilities include:
- Provide a communication link between the Parks and Recreation Commission and the Manhattan Beach Unified School District.
- Seek prior direction, when possible, from the Manhattan Beach Unified School District Board of Trustees on all matters dealing with the possible direction of the Parks and Recreation Commission and their direct impact on school district facilities and use.
- Seek prior direction from the Board of Trustees, when possible, in making recommendations to the commission regarding the needs of the community and recommended additions or deletions of programs.
- Advise the MBUSD Board of Trustees regarding any direction the city or recreation commission is recommending regarding capital improvement projects for recreation and parks.
- Provide a written report to the MBUSD Board of Trustees after every Commission meeting, regarding issues and topics currently being discussed by the Parks and Recreation Commission.