STUDENT MEMBERS NEEDED
MBUSD Medical Advisory Board History:
- The Manhattan Beach Unified School District Medical Advisory Board is a unique committee of South Bay medical professionals who work together to promote mutual respect and interaction between the Manhattan Beach Unified School District and the health care community.
- This committee is comprised of approximately thirty physicians and other health service professionals who represent a broad range of specialties.
- This distinguished body meets three times a year with school and district administrators, district nurses, the superintendent, and members of the MBUSD Board of Trustees to review current medical challenges as they pertain to the education, physical and mental well-being of all students in the district, preschool through grade twelve.
Youth Medical Advisory Board members will:
- Offer recommendations on youth health issues
- Provide feedback and input on Medical Advisory Board meeting topics
- Serve as ambassadors and leaders of health
- MBUSD Students currently in Grades 10th and 11th are eligible to apply.
- To obtain an application please see your guidance counselor
Medical Advisory Board meetings will be held at the Manhattan Beach Unified School District Office located at 325 S. Peck Ave, Manhattan Beach from 7:00pm-9:00pm three times a year. Our last meeting of the 2017-18 school year will be held on Tuesday April 24, 2018*.
*Dinner will be provided
For more information please contact one of our District Nurses:
Tami Simmons; email@example.com
Kristin Walz: firstname.lastname@example.org