While the Federal Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (SPSL) bill expired as of September 30, 2021, MBUSD is providing paid quarantine/isolation leave to employees who have had to isolate or quarantine due to a COVID-19 exposure.
You may go back to October 1, 2021, to submit updated Certificates of Absence retroactively, but you must provide exact dates. Documentation may be requested on an as-needed basis.
Steps to receive quarantine/isolation pay:
1) Go to InformedK12 to access the Certificate of Absence Form.
2) Fill out the top of the form will all the required information (boxes in red).
3) Select “Q” “Quarantine.”
4) List the dates of the days that work was missed due to a COVID-19 quarantine or isolation requirement.
5) Send to the payroll specialist who oversees your department/site.
6) Also, when submitting to the payroll specialist, copy the appropriate HR Technician:
Afrankel@mbusd.org for classified
Cfeves@mbusd.org for certificated
Denriquezfirstname.lastname@example.org for substitutes
COVID-19 Information for MBUSD Staff - January, 28 2022
Safely Reporting to Work, COVID-19 Prevention Enclosures 2021
Safety Protocols for Reporting to Work
SB 95 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave SPSL