Welcome to the Manhattan Beach Unified School District! This page is designed to help new employees navigate through various resources available in the district. We understand that you may be experiencing a large range of feelings in anticipation of your first day of employment. To help you get started please review each item below. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
We are excited for your first day of employment and want to make this new transition a positive experience for you. Again, welcome to the MBUSD community.
Before you Start
- Confirm you have received clearance from the Human Resources Department
Requirements for HR clearance:
-Completion of new-hire employee paperwork
-LiveScan/fingerprints will be taken at the District Office
-Verification of Tuberculosis, TB Questionnaire/TB Results
- Confirm you have received an ID badge from HR
- Confirm you have access to Aeries (certificated employees only)
- If you will be requiring a substitute during the school year, confirm you have access to Absence Management (substitute request system). Extension 5979, Human Resources Technician, Substitute Coordinator, will email you your user login information
- Certificated and Classified employees visit the Benefits Home Page to view your Health Benefit Options
- Extension 5941, Benefits Coordinator, will email you your portal login information
- Confirm you have access to your district email and please check it regularly. All-important announcements and notifications will be sent via email. Click here to login to your email. Click here for detailed instructions on accessing your email
On your First Day
- Meet with your supervisor and/or directed designee
- Confirm with office manager if a parking space has been assigned to you
During your First Two Weeks
Enroll in your Health Benefits
- Once hired all active employees will receive, to your district email, an invite to the insurance portal. Coaches, Ground Supervisors, and Substitutes do not need to take this step.
- This website shows all plan options; premium costs and plan summaries.
- Make your insurance elections within your 30 day enrollment period.
- There are no paper sign ups, everything is done via the insurance portal.
- Is your doctor in the Anthem network? Click here to find out. This file has detailed instruction about how to use the Anthem doctor search.
- You will have a full 30 days enrollment period from your hire date to enroll in benefits.
- For benefit questions contact the Benefit Technician at (310) 318-7345 ext. 5941
Review the contracts and tabs to the right for more useful information e.g probationary period, leave forms, paid holidays, and much more. -------->
Certificated Staff-Contract and Retirement Information
Classified Staff-Contract and Retirement Information
Email, Work Order Requests and Telephone guides