Maintaining Excellence in Manhattan Beach Schools
On June 5, 2018 the citizens of Manhattan Beach voted on Measure MB, a local funding measure in the form of a parcel tax. The measure received 69.25% voter approval, exceeding the minimum requirement of 66.67% needed to pass. Measure MB levies an annual $225 parcel tax (for six years) to a provide this stable, reliable revenue for our schools to:
- Attract and retain high-quality teachers and maintain manageable class sizes.
- Protect quality math, science, reading, language, social studies, art and music programs.
- Preserve advanced programs in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Continue to prepare students for top colleges and careers.
- Provide adequate instructional materials and classroom supplies.
Financial Accountability Protections are Mandatory
- By law, no Measure MB funds can be taken away by the state.
- Every dollar stays in Manhattan Beach to be used to support our local schools.
- Independent oversight and audits to ensure funds are spent as promised.
- No funds can be used for administrator salaries.
! IMPORTANT !
We are no longer able to accept applications for the 2018/19 tax year - these applications were due by July 6, 2018. Exemption applications for the 2019/20 tax year will be accepted from January 1, 2019 through May 15, 2019.
Property owners age 65 or older, those receiving Supplemental Security Income for a disability, or those receiving Social Security Disability Insurance may be eligible for an exemption from the Measure MB parcel tax. Please download and review the eligibility requirements on the following forms:
Privacy: As you are completing your exemption forms, please know that protecting your personal information is important to the District. Information on redacting portions of the information provided, and how the information is handled can be found here [click here].
For more information, call (310) 318-7345, ext 5944 or email ParcelTax@mbusd.org. Completed and signed forms may be mailed, faxed or emailed along with the required attachments to:
Manhattan Beach Unified School District
Attn: Business Services / Parcel Tax*
325 S. Peck Avenue
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
FAX: (310) 303-3823
*For hand-deliveries to the District office, please dial extension 5944 from the lobby phone.