Welcome to the Manhattan Beach Unified School District Educational Services Department. Curriculum and instruction in MBUSD is intended to cultivate intellectually curious and independent learners. The District's outstanding teaching and professional staff provide students with a comprehensive, rigorous, and relevant K-12 curriculum. In addition to oversight of curriculum and instruction, the Educational Services Department is responsible for staff development, student assessment, categorical funding, selection of instructional materials, state and federal accountability, library services, gifted and talented services, and English language development, as well as the facilitation of various community partnerships. We strive to support students, parents, and educators throughout each student's K-12 educational experience in the District.
Katherine Whittaker Stopp, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services
TOSA, English Learners and Intervention
TOSA, Instructional Technology and Maker Space
TOSA, Elementary Mathematics
Department Administrative Assistant
OLSAT 8 Testing for GATE Identification
The OLSAT 8 exam will be offered to grades 3-7 for GATE identification during the month of March. Please contact your school's principal for specific testing and make-up testing dates between March 1st and March 29th. Grade 3 exams will be administered during the school day. Grades 4-7 exams will be administered after school by voluntary sign-up. You will want to contact your school office for more information about signing up to take the exam.
GATE Overnight Field Trips at MBMS
6th Grade GATE Overnight Field Trip
- Program/Location: USS Midway in San Diego
- Dates – Mar. 8-9, 2019
- Students will depart MBMS at 1:00 PM and return the following day at approximately 11:30 AM
7th Grade GATE Overnight Field Trip
- Program/Location: Ocean Institute – Sea Floor Explorer Program in Dana Point
- Jan. 16 to 17, 2019 (girls)
- Jan. 17 to 18, 2019 (boys)
- Students will depart MBMS at 1:00 PM and return the following day at approximately 12:00 PM
8th Grade GATE Overnight Field Trip
- Program/Location: Fulcrum Adventures in Malibu
- Dates – Nov. 1 to 2, 2018
- Students will depart MBMS at 12:30 PM and return the following day at approximately 4:30 PM