Welcome to the Mira Costa Athletic Complex Virtual Grand Opening!
The Mira Costa High School Athletic Complex is a 71,200 square-foot facility featuring a 20,500 square foot 3-court competition gym with a capacity for 2,100 spectators. The facility also includes an 8,000 square foot auxiliary pavilion gym with a sweeping panoramic view of the football field and East Manhattan Beach. In addition, the building features 4 locker rooms, 6 team rooms, a 1,200 square foot/60-person large classroom, two sprung-floor flex rooms, a 3,500 square foot weight room that opens to the outdoors adjoining Waller Stadium, a 3,200 square foot wrestling room, a state of the art training room, an auxiliary weight room, an auxiliary training room, and a variety of conference and office space for coaches and staff. Additional features of the building include an entry way that pays homage to Mira Costa’s rich athletic tradition, including a ceiling feature created out of wood from the original floor of Fisher Gym, space to highlight the program’s tradition of success, and a Hall of Fame spotlighting some of the outstanding athletes and programs that illustrate the legacy that forms the foundation of the Athletic program as it exists today.
We can't wait to welcome people into the new MCHS Athletic Complex in person, but in the meantime, here's a video glimpse into this amazing new facility (click here). Thank you to the Manhattan Beach community for making this possible
Please see the photos and timeline below for an update on the Mira Costa Athletic Complex to date. If you have any questions on this project please send us an email at [email protected]
. Thank you!
Dr. Ben Dale's Virtual Tours:
- March 20, 2020 Field Level Walkabout
- March 27, 2020 Dance, Wrestling, and Weight Rooms with Pavilion Gym
- April 3, 2020 Main Gym Area Tour
- April 13 ,2020 External Walkabout of Athletic Complex
- April 17, 2020 Hall of Fame, PE Offices and Locker Room Spaces
- April 24, 2020 Pavilion Gym, Coaches/AD Offices, Hall of Fame, Hub
- May 3, 2020 Exterior Tile, Windows, & Pavilion Dry Wall Progress
- May 8, 2020 Storage Facilities / Hallway / Large Team Room
- May 19, 2020 Hallway Lockers, Main Gym, Pavilion... and Lights!
- May 24, 2020 Athletic Director Glenn Marx gets a first look at the new gym
- June 8, 2020 Vice Principal Stephanie Hall and Dr. Dale tour the HUB, VIP Deck and Pavilion
- June 27, 2020 Tour with Coach Russell - Main Gym, HUB, etc.
- July 24, 2020 Gym Tour- How about those murals?!
- August 11, 2020 Virtual Gym Tour - Did you see the scoreboard?
- September 20, 2020 Full Gym Tour
Time Lapse Videos:
- Demolition of Mira Costa Gymnasium (12/31/18 to 1/22/19)
- Grading & Site Work - Mira Costa Athletic Complex (2/6/19 to 3/1/19)
- Lower Pad & Rebar Work (4/15/19 to 5/15/19)
- Lower & Upper Gym (5/10/19 to 6/5/19)
- Lower Gym (6/21/19 to 7/25/19)
- Upper Gym (6/22/19 to 7/30/19)
- Pavillion (zone c) 8/28/19 to 9/18/19
- Observation Deck & Field Level Weight Room (zone a) 9/5/19 to 9/18/19
- Staff Office Area (zone b) & Pavillion (zone c) 9/20/19 to 10/2/19
- Staff Office Area (zone b) & Pavillion (zone c) 10/7/19 to 10/23/19
- Zone B (3-court Gym) 12/17/19 to 1/9/2020
- Pavillion & Main Gym - 2/13/20 to 2/24/20
- Zone A (Field Level) - 2/21/20 to 3/3/20
- Pavilion (Interior Work) - 3/31/to 4/25/20
- Site Work - North Side of Gym June 2020