(Click Title Above to View Plan)
In 2015, the Manhattan Beach Unified School District partnered with a team of architects from DLR Group to develop a Long Range Facilities Master Plan (FMP). The resulting document, which can be found here, describes MBUSD's vision for its classrooms and buildings, defining our dreams and our needs, and guiding our planning and improvements for the future.
The FMP was developed through the work of a number of groups:
- The Core Planning Group, which developed the District's Guiding Principles and helped to develop Educational Specifications and provide leadership throughout the process
- Each campus' Site Committee, which provided input into the existing conditions of buildings and the needs and desires of each school and program
- The wider MBUSD community, through Community Forums and surveys and though participation in previous and upcoming Board meetings on this topic.
The FMP incorporates a number of concurrent efforts:
- Facility Assessment
- Community Outreach and Input
- Educational Specification Development
- Master Plan Development
MBUSD held a Board Workshop on April 1, 2015, at 6:30 pm, when preliminary information and material was presented for community feedback. The presentation and preliminary site master plans can be found here.
This was followed by a Board presentation of a draft of the Facilities Master Plan, held on May 6, 2015, at 6:30 pm. The presentation can be found here. Additional documents, including the full draft master plan document, the results of the associated demographic study, and facilities assessments for each site, can be found linked to the Board meeting agenda for May 6, 2015.
Based on input from the community and site committees, plans for MBMS and Grand View continued to evolve, and updated concepts for these sites were presented to the Board and the public on June 3, 2015 and posted here.
The final document was presented to the Board on July 15, 2015, at 6:30 pm.