The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and Beach Cities Health District advises residents to get the flu vaccine.
Why get the flu vaccine?
· It’s the best way to prevent the flu.
· It’s safe.
· It protects you against the harmful effects of flu. Every year, tens of thousands of people nationwide are hospitalized or die from flu-related illnesses.
· You can protect others who are too young or unable to get vaccinated.
· It can help keep people out of the hospital which will prevent overwhelming the healthcare system during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who should get the flu vaccine?
Beach Cities Health District advises residents to follow flu vaccination guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Everyone 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine every season with rare exceptions.
High-risk populations include:
· Children younger than two years old
· Pregnant women
· Persons 65 years of age and older
· People with chronic medical conditions (e.g. asthma, lung disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes)
Where do I get a flu vaccine?
· Your healthcare provider
· Local providers and retailers, including pharmacies
· Visit a Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Clinic