Manhattan Beach Unified School District

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Student Services » Attendance Permits

Attendance Permits

An Interdistrict Attendance Permit occurs when a student wishes to attend school in a district other than their district of residence. An Open Enrollment occurs when a student lives in Manhattan Beach and wishes to attend a school other than their neighborhood school.


Manhattan Beach Unified School District accepts Interdistrict Attendance Permit requests for all grade levels. For the 2018-2019 school year, the parent/guardian begins by submitting an Interdistrict Attendance Agreement/Permit Application 18-19 to the district of residence. If the district of residence approves the interdistrict transfer request, parent(s)/guardian(s) must submit this application along with most recent report card to MBUSD District Office for review and consideration. Please download the Interdistrict Attendance Agreement/Permit Application  17-18 below. We will start accepting applications for the 18-19 school year on January 22, 2018 through June 30, 2018.This form is for students entering K-8 only. Please contact Mira Costa High School for permit instructions.


If you have moved out of Manhattan Beach during the school year, you'll need to complete a Interdistrict Attendance Agreement/Permit Application 17-18 to complete the academic school year. Download PDF below and follow the instructions on the application.

Manhattan Beach residents that desire to attend school in a different district need to complete an Interdistrict Attendance Permit application form and submit it to the Student Services department of the Manhattan Beach Unified School District. Please download the Outgoing Permit Form below, compete the top section, sign and date, and return to the District Office.

Manhattan Beach residents that desire to attend school at a Manhattan Beach school other than their neighborhood school need to complete an Open Enrollment Application. Please download the Open Enrollment Application below and make the initial request at your school site.
Any questions, please contact Student Services at (310) 318 7345 X5912.
Attendance Permits »