Frequently Asked Questions about Panorama Surveys in MBUSD
Where can I find the content of the MBUSD surveys?
Full content proofs for each of the student surveys being used during the school year in Manhattan Beach are linked below:
Does Panorama content include questions about my student's mental health?
- No. Panorama survey content is not designed for nor should be used to identify students who require mental health or trauma treatment. The purpose of the Panorama survey is to help educators understand students’ general social-emotional needs and strengths.
How does Panorama keep students’ data safe?
- Panorama follows best practices for data privacy and security. The company implements administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect information stored on its servers, which are located in the United States. Panorama does not use student data for purposes other than serving schools and districts and cannot share any education or student information unless authorized by the school or district or under applicable law.
What kinds of student data does Panorama collect?
- Panorama only collects student data in the course of performing services for the school or district pursuant to a written contract, and Panorama only uses student data for the purpose of serving schools and districts.
Does Panorama engage in data mining?
- Panorama’s products enable educators to gain insights from their students’ data in order to better understand and support them. Panorama does not market, sell, or rent any student's personal information. Panorama does not engage in, inform, influence, or enable advertising to students. Panorama does not collect information from students unless performing services for their school or district pursuant to a written contract. Panorama does not share any student information unless authorized by the school or district or under applicable law.
How does Panorama handle parental consent for students completing surveys?
- Panorama requires districts to obtain necessary parental consent and to provide any required disclosures to parents or guardians. MBUSD utilizes an opt-out procedure for families who do not wish to have their student participate. Panorama will gather information from students directly only as requested by the district and only for the purposes of providing services to the district. If you have additional questions, please contact the Vice Principal at your school.
Can I choose to not to have my student participate?
- Please complete the Opt-Out Google form in the email sent from your Vice Principal at MBMS or MCHS with the Panorama administration dates. Students who have an Opt-Out form will not be given access to the survey(s).
Will this impact my student’s grades if they don’t take the survey?
- There is no credit or grade given to students for participating nor is there any penalty for not participating. The survey is completely voluntary. There are no right or wrong responses.
For additional FAQs please visit: https://www.panoramaed.com/faqs